Diploma in Photography (Pune)
Photography has been one of the most popular forms of creative expression for decades now. The ability to capture moments in a frame, freeze time, and portray a snapshot of life has allured and intrigued generation after generation. One thing that has remained a constant in photography though is its evolution. New technology, easier access and a versatility of devices have turned this art form into a staple of the public domain, and raised the value of a true professional that much more. The popularity of photography has also spawned a variety of photography diploma courses in India with varying values and qualities, but the one we offer, is a little different from the rest.
This diploma in photography course is at the core of the ever-evolving trends of photography. Our students are given instruction in both the artistic sensibilities and the technical mastery of photography. From the very basics to the finest details, we cover the entire gamut of what it means to be a pro photographer. Another distinguishing feature that sets us apart from other photography diploma courses and photography colleges in Pune is that we also recognize the commercial values that photographers require to enjoy not just creative but also monetary success, and we help students achieve a financial perspective with insights provided by leading lights from within the industry.
Prerequisites / Eligibility
- 12th/ High School / Equivalent
- DSLR Camera with Basic Lens Kit
Awards (On Completion)
- SCMP – Diploma in Photography with Specialization (Fashion Photography/Product Photography)
[SCMP – Seamedu Certified Media Professional]
- Understanding the fundamentals of photography and its evolution
- Creative usage of the camera and its dial modes
- Insight into various rules of compositions in brief
- Use of colour theory in photography for optimum impact of images
- Detailed study of various types of light sources and its implementation (studio light and natural light)
- Introduction to various genres of photography
- Indepth knowledge of Commercial & Advertisement Photography
- Thorough study of editing software to enhance photographs such as Adobe Photoshop / Light Room / Nik Software
- Develop concepts and ideas for selected specialization genres in photography
- Onfield experience and building a strong portfolio
- Basic study of digital marketing and promotion
- Students’ exhibition and showcase
- History of Photography
- Basics of Photography & Digital Terminology
- Visual Communication & Semiotics
- Rules of Composition
- Creative Usage of D-SLR
- Psychology of Colour & Colour Theory in Photography
- Light & its Qualities
- Study of Flash Lights & Studio Lights
- Introduction to Various Genres of Photography
- Basic Post-Production
- Advanced Creative Usage of Light in Photography
- Selection of Specialization: Fashion or Table Top Photography
- Develop Concepts & Ideas for Specialization Selected
- Basic Graphic Design
- Digital Marketing & Promotion (Logo / Visiting Card / Blogs)
- Film Making Techniques on D-SLR
- Advanced Retouching & Editing
- Portfolio Building & Finalization
- Soft Skills Development
- Fashion Photographer
- Landscape Photographer
- Product Photographer
- Food Photographer
- Wildlife Photographer
- Architecture & Interior Photographer
- Industrial Photographer
- Sports Photographer
- Wedding & Event Photographer
- Travel Photographer
No. You do not need a background in science to do this course. All you need is a 10+2 from any stream and your own DSLR (with basic lenses) along with an eager interest in photography and willingness to learn!
Photography is becoming a highly popular career option these days since it is a rewarding profession that also provides immense creative satisfaction. One can be employed as an in-house photographer or freelancer for specialized jobs like fashion and glamour photography, portrait photography, industrial photography, e-commerce photography, architectural and commercial photography, and wedding photography. You can also work as a professional image editor, which is a very high-paying job and there is a lot of demand for professionals in the market.Other specialization areas in photography include nature and wildlife photography, travel photography, etc. There is also a huge scope to be employed on the editorial team for leading magazines, newspapers, television channels, journals, and production houses.
The only way to be successful is to have talent and motivation. You can have all the education in the world but if you don’t have anything coming from inside, you won’t be successful. Of course, a professional course in photography will definitely help you hone your skills and step into the massive world of photography.
The bachelor’s course is a 3 year degree course that covers a vast variety of topics allowing you more scope for specialization in a particular form of photography and offers an in-depth view of the topic while the diploma is a one year course focusing on fewer topics.
No. The institute’s course structure is designed in such a way that any individuals with little or no photography background can opt for this course. This course is segregated into three parts basic, advance and industry driven specialization.
Our Student’s Work
HOA – Photography
HOA – Photography
After completing M.Com & Diploma in Photography from Pune, Manasi then completed her Master-craftsman Diploma in Photography from Shari Academy, Mumbai. Her expertise is in Still Life, Product, Food, Jewelry, Portrait, Conceptual, Sports, Wedding, Children, and Interior & Architecture Photography. She has earlier worked as freelancer and was also associated with Symbiosis & Seamedu.
Associate HOA - Department of Photography
Associate HOA – Department of Photography
Bachelor of Journalism & Mass Communication from Makhanlal Chaturvedi University, Bhopal M.Sc. in Journalism, Mass Communication and Advertising from Punjab Technical University Photography Diploma from Triveni Kala Sangam. Advance Photography Diploma from Triveni Kala Sangam Master of Philosophy in (Visual Aesthetic & Cinema study) from Kurukshetra University He has 5 Years experience as a Fine Art Photography Faculty (IP University, Kasturi Ram College of Higher Education, NRAI School of Mass Communication) Fine art Photography Experience (8 Years) in Tasveer Production, CameraWorks, Mart of Images PVT LTD
Sr. Faculty – Photography
Sr. Faculty – Photography
Tanvi has completed her BFA from Bharati Vidyapeeth and MFA (Commercial Arts) from Mysore University, and also Diploma in Photography from Shari Academy. She has been freelancing for T- Arts and has earlier worked with Bharati Vidyapeeth, Symbiosis School of Photography, Times of India, Icon Media and Eventurous and Maziga, Singapore.