Diploma in Visual Effects and 3D Animation (Pune)
Visual effects (VFX) and 3D animation are all the rage today, whether you take the multiplex screens or even your smartphones. It has almost come to a point where it is nearly impossible to imagine a film, TV programme or a video game without any special effects.
Every student needs a good start to make a career in creative arts. Our diploma in 3D animation course will give every enthusiast the opportunity to dive head-first into the flourishing world of animation for films and TV. Our VFX diploma program is a hybrid of traditional and digital art, right from foundation to specialization. Here you get to focus your craft in creating concept art and assets for the film, game and television industries. Practical training is done in Chroma studio (green screen walls with lights and cameras) and sound studio (hardware consoles and audio mixers).
Some of our students get the opportunity to work on live projects with specialized artists from our sister concern, Toolbox Studio, which is one of the top commercial studios creating 3D art and visual effects in India.
Prerequisites / Eligibility
- Awareness of the VFX and animation industry
- Interest in 3D animation and visual effects movies and TV
- 12th pass from any stream
Awards (On Completion)
- SCMP – Diploma in (Visual Effects & Animation for Film & TV) from Seamedu
[SCMP – Seamedu Certified Media Professional]
- Basic to advance sketching, including perspective, background, organic anatomy and storyboarding
- Pre-production for shots, including camera angles, story writing and storyboarding
- Creating 3D environment according to VFX shot and camera handling for shoots
- Creating 3D assets and characters with photorealistic textures for VFX shots and creating 3D lighting according to VFX shots (to match the real setup)
- Industry workshops every month, which help student to understand what is currently happening in the industry
- Animation Day, where students come together and create amazing special effects using Chroma screen
- In-depth understanding of Matte painting (background) for 3D shots
- Students get to learn 2D compositing, including live action footage and 3D effects, and 3D compositing, including composition of 2D shots and 3D assets
- Opportunities to work with Toolbox Studio
- Working with film and sound students to create a holistic project and getting familiar with sound and live action films
- 3D stereoscopy to create 3D videos, including depth, 2D and 3D
- Creating a live action short film or advertisement by using 3D assets and 2D live action footage, including visual effects and 3D animation
- Software covered: Maya, Mudbox, Photoshop, After Effects and Silhouette
Fundamentals of Design
- Colour Theory
- 2D Designing
- Principle of Design
- 3D Modeling (Interior, Exterior & Asset Modeling)
- Texturing (2D & 3D)
- Fundamentals of Animation
- Understanding Character Setup for Production
- 3D Lighting & Shading
- 3D Rendering
Fundamental of Animation Clay & Cutout
- Stop Motion Animation
- Monkey Jam
Advanced 3D Animation
- Character Animation
- Camera Animation & Tracking
- After Effects
- 2D & 3D Composting
- Colour Correction
- Motion Graphics
- Rotoscopy & Paint
- Match Move 101
- Camera Tracking
- Compositing Artist
- Rotomation Artist
- Motion Graphic Artist
- Mach Move Artist
- 3D Animator
- Effects Artist
- Roto Artist
- 2D Paint Artist
- 3D Modeler & Texturing Artist
- 3D Lighting & Rendering Artist
- Storyboard Artist
- Concept Artist
- Layout Artist
Yes, you can. We cover even the basics of drawing and so do not require you to have any prior knowledge of drawing.
The VFX industry in India is big and is growing exponentially every day. In fact, Indian studios are now acquiring studios in Hollywood and setting up facilities across the world. As with any growing industry, there are new jobs to be had in the VFX field in India, careers to be made and some serious competition!
The main software you will be using as a part of this course is Photoshop, MonkyJam, Aftereffects, Autodesk Maya, Nuke and Matchmover. You will also use other software like Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint as a part of the course.
The institute maintains the best ratio of equipment for students to their practical’s or project. Depending on the program, students check out their camera and lighting packages on a daily basis, for weekend shoots, or for one and two weeks on longer productions. The editing lab is open till late night for students.
Visual effects are mostly focused on the augmentation or modification of live action but visual effects artists and tools are also used for: Video games, Pre-visualization, 2D to 3D conversion, Special venues and multimedia (in addition of course to films, television and commercials). It is also used in computer graphics animated films (Pixar, DreamWorks, Sony Animation, etc.), mostly to give a more realistic aspect to the animation. With Animation advancing into an almost life-like era VFX is the perfect way to go about it.
Our Student’s Work
Sr. Faculty - Department of Game & Animation
Sr. Faculty – Department of Game & Animation
A GD art & Post-Graduation from CDAC (Pune University) he is professionally into 3D since 2005 and starting as a graphic designer. He worked in multiple capacities in the advertising field for companies like Orchid Advertising Agency. In Designtech Systems Pvt. Ltd., Pune as a Conceptualizing and Designing CBT Training Package for R&D of Defence using Flash, Photoshop and CorelDraw. He has an advanced diploma in 3D animation. He started his career as a 3D faculty with Growel. Later he joined Vishwakarma Creative –I College as a lecturer on 3D using Maya software. He is into 3D modeling, Texturing, Lighting, Rendering, 2D visual design. He has completed a 3D project with an Australian company, 3D short film for an australian TV channel, and has achieved best 3D modeling award from NVIDEA. He also worked as a 3D freelance artist for a few of toolbox project.
Sr. Faculty - VFX
Sr. Faculty – VFX
Yogesh has completed his BA from Amravati University and Advanced Diploma in Arts & Animation (2D/3D) from C.O.A.B, Amravati. He has extensive work experience into animation, lighting, compositing and also in teaching related software’s. He has earlier worked with Aniright’s, Big Animation, Maya Entertainment, Side FX Entertainment, Frame Box, Reliance Amis, Virtual Voyage & Arena Animation
Sr. Faculty – VFX
Sr. Faculty – VFX
Sudhir has worked in the 2D and 3D Animation production, Entertainment and video gaming in Indian companies and MNCs. His expertise is in 3D animation and rigging. He has worked with the He has earlier worked with companies like Electronic Arts, Medha Edutainment, Sumo-India, Rolta India Ltd. (Gaming Division), Zee Institute of Creative Arts, Prana Studios, DataQuest Entertainment Ltd. and Crest Animation Studio. His area of work includes Art deliveries, client communication, Team Management.