India’s tryst with game development began gathering momentum in 90s, when companies such as Dhruva Interactive led the way and big players from the global game development industry arrived at our shores in the form of EA Sports, Ubisoft, Bash Gaming and more.
The Indian gaming industry has come leaps and bounds since those heady early days, with an industry valued at $360 million as of 2017 as per a report published by KPMG and Google, and is expected to reach the hallowed $1 billion mark by 2021. (Source: Firstpost)
This growth can be attributed to the foundations of that first push in the early 90s, and on the shoulders of an industry that has 250 strong labels of all sizes working to develop the games of tomorrow for consumption both in India and across the world.
The mobile app industry has also seen growth in a similar vein, particularly in 2016, when the Indian industry actually outgrew the app development industry in the US and nabbed the top spot of the Google Play downloads rankings. This success should come as no surprise to those closely linked with the Indian app industry, as the app development in India has skyrocketed, with the app development community forecasted to reach 4 million by 2018, making it the largest development community in the world according to a quote from senior management at Google.
This, coupled with the fact that the consumption of apps in India has grown to 6 billion downloads in 2016 from 3.5 million in 2015. That’s a significant growth of 71% made all the more significant by the fact that in the same period the global growth rate has been only 15%. (Source: Livemint, Business Insider)
Our BCA Game and Mobile Software Development course is one of the premier mobile app and game development courses in Bangalore. Our mobile game and app devleopment course are designed to help you hone all the requisite skills and develop all the instincts our students would need to succeed in this field. To this end, our mobile app and gaming courses in Bangalore aren’t just run by our expert in-house staff but see frequent appearances from industry experts as well. Our close associations with the biggest names in the business such as Shoonya Game Technologies, Driya Interactive, Rolocule Games and other names at the forefront of the gaming industry means we hold seminars and workshops conducted by industry experts monthly.
- To provide our students with industry-relevant practical exposure to the game and mobile app programming industry
- To help them become Unity-certified professionals
- To empower students with the abilities to build multi-platform games using Unity 3D
- To provide students with the competencies to develop mobile applications for iOS and Android
- To provide students with the skills and knowledge that will ensure industry-readiness for India’s game and mobile app development market
- To expose students to the industry through the medium of workshops conducted by industry professionals
- To further enhance student exposure by providing them with opportunities to attend events such as NGDC (National Game Development Conference)
- Need to have passion and curiosity towards the mobile app and gaming industry.
- A strong grasp on relevant topics pertaining to Mathematics such as –
Algebra – Quadratic Equations & Functions and Vectors.
Geometry – Lines, Angles, Shapes, Triangles and Transformations concepts.
Trigonometry – All concepts
You can refresh your Mathematics concepts by referring to https://www.khanacademy.org/
Eligibility: 12th with Mathematics
Duration: 3 Years – Full Time
What would you learn?
- Programming Using C#
- Game Design – I
- Game Development – I
- Human Computer Interaction
- General Education- I
- Intro to Java Programming
- Android App Development
- Data Structure
- Software Engineering
- Artificial intelligence (AI)
- General Education II
- Programming using C ++
- Virtual & Augmented Reality
- Data Communication & Networks
- Game Development – II
- Database Management System
- Intro to Objective C
- iOS App Development
- Software Analysis and Design
- Game Development – III
- Game Design II
- Multiplayer Programming
- Distribution and Marketing
- Game Development – IV
- Career Development
- Project Management
- Internship + Viva
- Elective – I – Final Project / Viva (Game Development ) OR
- Elective – II – Final Project / Viva (Mobile App Development )
Opportunities at Exit Point:
- Game Designer
- 2D/3D Game Developer
- Game play Programmer
- Tool programmer
- AI Programmer
- Effects Programmer
- Mobile App Developer
- Java programmer
- Objective C programmer
- Android Developer
- iOS Developer
- C++ Developer
- C# Developer