Degree in Game Art and Design – BFA (Pune)
Game design is both an art and a science. It involves designing the content of a game which includes everything from the rules, gameplay and environment of the game to the storyline and characters. Think of it as being the director of a game – you call the shots!
We are among those few game design colleges in India that offer game art and design degree courses which are more practically oriented and less theoretically so our student get hands on experience while still studying. Our degree in game design is crafted to give every game enthusiast the knowledge to make games, design concepts, develop 2D and 3D art, and work with game engines confidently. This course will help students understand the difference between game art, game programming, and game design.
As one of India’s premier game design schools and game art degree colleges, we ensure students develop better all-round skills by including often-overlooked subjects (scripting, for example). We have also introduced sound and music design for the first time in this Bachelor of Game Design program – the only gaming design degree course in India to actually address this subject in the specialized space of video games.
Based in Pune, Seamedu’s all-encompassing video game design course offers all you need to push the boundaries in game art and design!
Prerequisites / Eligibility
- 12th / High School / Equivalent
Awards (On Completion)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Game Design) degree from a UGC recognized University in Pune
- Introduction to Game Art and Game Design concepts
- Full-time interactive course which focuses on traditional as well as the latest art concepts in illustration and drawing
- In-depth understanding of Game Design and also building your own board game
- Unity 3D Authorized Training Partner
- Industry-standard facilities with good configuration computers and gaming consoles
- In-depth understanding of 3D work like creating 3D characters, 3D game environment, 3D game assets for creating a computer or mobile game
- Industry workshops every month, which help studentd to understand what is currently happening in the industry
- The students are exposed to the entire production cycles of a game. Lectures across Game Design, Game Art, Sound Design, Basics of Game Development and Publishing
- Understanding storyboarding for games
- Working on Game Engines – Level Design on Unity 3D
- Software covered in-depth: Maya, Photoshop, Unity 3D, Mudbox
- Fundamentals of sketching
- Graphics – 1
- Colour Theory
- History of Arts
- Introduction to Digital Arts
- Human Computer Interaction
- 2D Digital Graphics for Computer Games – I
- 3D Digital Graphics for Computer Games – I
- Research Techniques for Game Production
- Computer Game Design
- Computer Game Engines (Intro to Unity3D)
- 2D & 3D Digital Graphics for Computer Games – II
- Environment Design for Computer Games
- Scripting for Computer Games Design
- Computer Game Design for Mobile Platforms – I
- Computer Game Engines (Level Design)
- Pre-Production Techniques for Game Development
- Computer Game Design for Mobile Platforms – II
- Music and Sound for Computer Games – I
- 2D & 3D Digital Graphics for Computer Games – III
- Game Development – I
- Game Distribution & Marketing
- Music & Sound for Computer Games – II
- Idea Generation for Games
- Game Development – II
- Project Work (Demo Reel) & Viva
- Internship & Viva
- Game Designer
- Level Designer
- Interactive / UI / Interface Designer
- Modelling & Texturing Artist
- Technical Artist
- Digital Game Artist
- Game Developer
- Digital Artist
Students will get professional training on Autodesk-Maya, Adobe-Photoshop, sculpting tool, Unity Game Engine.
We teach you how to design games for PC, android and iOS. Skills you learn during this course will be transferable to other platforms as well.
Game art is everything you see in the game: icons, buttons, characters, props, sets, colour, and pictures for example Game design is both an art and a science. It involves applying a sense of aesthetics and design to create a game. It includes everything from concept art to scripting the game and working with game engines to elicit required results from the finished games.
No. You will be able to conceptualise the entire game including game play and working with game engines but you will still need a programmer. Besides working as a part of a team is fun!
Salaries vary from company to company but a new graduate can expect a minimum salary of Rs. 10,000 to 15,000 a month.
Our Student’s Work
Sr. Faculty - Department of Game & Animation
Sr. Faculty – Department of Game & Animation
A GD art & Post-Graduation from CDAC (Pune University) he is professionally into 3D since 2005 and starting as a graphic designer. He worked in multiple capacities in the advertising field for companies like Orchid Advertising Agency. In Designtech Systems Pvt. Ltd., Pune as a Conceptualizing and Designing CBT Training Package for R&D of Defence using Flash, Photoshop and CorelDraw. He has an advanced diploma in 3D animation. He started his career as a 3D faculty with Growel. Later he joined Vishwakarma Creative –I College as a lecturer on 3D using Maya software. He is into 3D modeling, Texturing, Lighting, Rendering, 2D visual design. He has completed a 3D project with an Australian company, 3D short film for an australian TV channel, and has achieved best 3D modeling award from NVIDEA. He also worked as a 3D freelance artist for a few of toolbox project.
Associate HOA - Department of Game & Animation
Associate HOA – Department of Game & Animation
He is into Animation for 12 Years working & worked on multiple profiles as an animation Artist, Rigging artist, Educating Production Staff & Technical Support in the field of Maya, Motion Builder, Vicon, Production Manager. He has worked on Two 3D movies (Chandarani …A Dream to reality, Sonam …Aur saath Ajube) in the capacity of Technical Lead & Project Manager. Currently his After this he decided to enter in to the Education industry, entering in to the Gaming side of the Industry, and developed his skill set as game programmer & Developer, using the same skill-set currently helping students to succeed as Game developers in Gaming industry. His 3D skill helps to develop good student as “Game Artist” in 3d Domain.
Associate Faculty – Game Art
Associate Faculty – Game Art
Vini has completed her BA in VFX and Animation from Mahatma Gandhi University, and Advance Diploma in 3D Animation from School of Media Design. She has earlier worked with Anibrain Digital Technologies as 3D Faculty.