Job Title / Designation:
Head of Academics (HOA) – Film Making
- Managing the overall Academics for Film making – Faculty, Students, pedagogy, quality delivery, industry relations and studios/equipment’s etc.
- Designs and delivers class instructions through the development of instructional plans to meet course competencies, the development of activities supporting lesson objectives
- Mentoring students & student management – Discipline, Communication, attendance, student / parent grievances, fees, etc.
- Manages the learning environment through keeping accurate records, submitting grades and other reports on time, and enforcing school/campus academic and attendance
- Relates professional/ life/ industry experience to learning by the continuation of professional/technical skills development, the introduction of industry perspective into courses, and the active awareness of professional/ industry trends and opportunities
- Contributes to a learning culture by participating on curriculum and system task forces, supporting local campus events such as orientation and graduation, and participating in various other workshops and meetings
- Team Management – career planning, KRA/Goal setting, mentoring, recruitment, encouraging team members to participate in company level activities, etc.
Specific Skill Set:
- Film studies and direction, Film aesthetics
- Working knowledge of FCP, AVID media composer, after effects would be an added advantage
- Good communicator (both oral and written) in English and coordination skills
- Well versed with all tools of MS office
- Self-motivated, initiator and results-oriented
- Should demonstrate positive attitude, high motivation and interpersonal skills
Annual CTC: Not a Constraint for right person
Location(s) of Job: Bangalore, Pune
Any other skill set:
- Enjoys working with people of all ages, from youth to parents and College staff
- Efficiently organized, with the ability to maintain detailed records
- Ability to execute events in a well-coordinated and planned manner
- Time management and follow-up skills
* Film making professional who are passionate to teach and share knowledge, will be preferred.
|Minimum Education Requirements||Masters/ Graduate/ Diploma in Film Making or any equivalent degree with relevant film making experience|
|Minimum/maximum/ Work Experience Required||8 to 15 years (Industry + Teaching)|