Video Editing Course (Pune)
This is an 8-month video editing course which includes a two-month project at the end. The course is designed to nurture film editing skills such as continuity and narration, film analysis, genre studies and editing styles, various technical aspects and software such as Adobe Premiere, FCP and Avid Media Composer, Sound editing and VFX, CGI and postproduction management. Digital video editing courses need to be hands-on and this 8-month course is designed to expose students to the latest developments in the field and give them practical skills.
Students get to interact with experts and industry specialists besides getting to learn about some the latest developments in the field. It is an ideal course for those students who already have a handle on the basics and wish to enhance their skills to reach a more expert level.
Prerequisites / Eligibility
- To take our video editing training course, students need to know filmmaking basics such as scripting, camera composition, camera movements, basic lighting, camera lenses, acting, storyboarding, basic video and audio editing.
Awards (On Completion)
- Students receive a Seamedu certification on successful completion of the course. Later, they can also opt for Adobe and Apple Certification in Editing after the course.
Who Should Take This Video Editing Course?
- It is ideal for those who want to sharpen their basic skills and take them to a more advanced level. Students who have done a basic course in filmmaking (short term) or those who want to upgrade their editing skills can take this video editing training course.
- Principles of Editing
- Film Analysis
- Continuity & Narrative
- Various Genres
- Technical Aspects
- Post-Production Stages
- Montage Theory
- Editing Practical Using Software
- Sound Editing
- Advance Editing
- Various Output Format
- Introduction to VFX & Graphics
- Software FCP, Avid Media Composer, Premier, Photoshop, After Effects
- Final Project
- Public message film of one minute, technical aspects
- The difference between video & film editing
- Telecine / Reverse Telecine Continuity
- Technical continuity
- Colour balance
- Tonal balance
- Light level
- Camera optics
- Recording quality
- Linear, nonlinear & online
- Postproduction workflow
- Working with Premier & FCP
- Rough Cut
- Media management
- Special effects
- Advanced camera
- Group project – Mis-en-scene
- Principles of editing
- Associative and emotions Cuts
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Premier
- Apple Final Cut Pro
- Soundtrack Pro
- Apple Motion
- Adobe After Effects
- Avid Media Composer
Advanced Editing FCP & Premier
- Genre theory
- Introduction to VFX & graphics
- Film Editor – Fiction & Non fiction
- Assistant Film Editor
- Promo Editor
- Online Editor
- Post Production Supervisor
- Graphic Designer
- Short Filmmaker
- Technical Expert
Film Making is a collaborative profession which requires the right skills, techniques and aesthetics and a passion for storytelling. Candidates from any stream can apply themselves in this field and pursue a highly satisfying career and high-income opportunities in this field. The art of Film Making calls for a highly creative and professional learning environment, and that is exactly what you get at Seamedu.
Yes, the institute’s course structure is designed in such a way that any individual with little or no film making experience can opt for the program.
Students enrolled in Seameduï¿½s Film Making course will have hands-on experience on Apple Final Cut Pro, Avid, and Adobe Premiere. Students who pursue specialization in editing will also learn how to use other postproduction software such as Adobe after Effects, Photoshop, and Soundtrack Pro.
The institute maintains the best ratio of equipment for students to their practicalï¿½s or project. Depending on the program, students check out their camera and lighting packages on a daily basis, for weekend shoots, or for one and two weeks on longer productions. The editing lab is open till late night for students.
All classes at the Seamedu institute are designed with a practical approach. We believe in the concept of ï¿½learning by doingï¿½. Our students shoot films on regular basis with professional equipment.The course structure is unique as we provide specialization from day one. We conduct workshops, seminars, industry visits and guest lectures by professionals on a regular basis. For our specialization courses, the practical-to-theory ratio is approximately 70:30 (percent).
Our Student's Work
ASSOCIATE HOA Department of Film
ASSOCIATE HOA Department of Film
Ganesh Shinde is the course instructor for our 8-month video editing course in Pune. He is an Apple Certified Trainer and a professional film editor who has worked for television shows, short films, documentaries, live shows and various audio visual projects. Ganesh has more than 12 years of experience in Digital Film Editing as well as proven command in various professional software and cameras. He is a certified user for Avid Media Composer, Adobe Premier & Photoshop. He has been pursuing his passion for academic excellence in the field of video editing for last 8 years.