Degree in Visual Effects & 3D Animation for Film And T.V. (Pune)
What do international blockbusters and critically-acclaimed motion pictures such as the How to Train Your Dragon series, Game of Thrones, Spiderman, Kung Fu Panda, Interstellar, Penguins of Madagascar, Frozen, and our Indian creations like Bahubali and Roadside Romeo have in common?
They all are either partly or fully animated, and some (if not all) of the animation efforts that went into these globally successful shows and films was carried out right here – in India. The trend for visual effects and animation courses in India has been to focus solely on the software, but for the first time, you can now undertake a course that covers the wide ambit of visual effects and animation in both television and filmmaking.
Our VFX courses in Pune, India are designed, curated and headed by some of the top names in India’s animation industry. Our curriculum is designed to teach students everything from the basics to the most specialized aspects of this industry. Our professional VFX and animation institute in Pune develops students into fully qualified VFX artists with experience in 2D and 3D Animation, Compositing, Lighting, and Live Action Shooting, using software like After Effects and NUKE. Our state of the art equipment which includes Chroma key and Sound Studios makes us a leading choice to get your degree in VFX and animation in Pune.As one would expect with any top VFX professional course, you will have opportunities to intern at some of the best studios and develop your own professional demo reel before our placement support team helps you find work in the visual effects industry.
Prerequisites / Eligibility
- 12th/ High School / Equivalent
Awards (On Completion)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Visual Effects & Animation for Film & TV) degree from a UGC recognized University in Pune.
- Basic to advance sketching, including perspective, background, organic anatomy and storyboarding
- Pre-production for shots, including camera angles, story writing and storyboarding
- Creating 3D environment according to VFX shot and camera handling for shoots
- Creating 3D assets and characters with photorealistic textures for VFX shots and creating 3D lighting according to VFX shot (to match the real setup)
- Industry workshops every month, which help students to understand what is currently happening in the industry
- Animation Day where students come together and create amazing special effects using chroma screen
- In-depth understanding of Matte Painting (background) for 3D shots
- Students get to learn 2D compositing which includes live action footage and 3D effects, and 3D compositing, including composition of 2D shots and 3D assets
- Opportunities to work with Toolbox Studio
- Working with film and sound students to create a holistic project and getting insights into sound and live action films
- 3D stereoscopy to create 3D videos, including depth, 2D and 3D
- Create live action short film or advertisement by using 3D assets and 2D live action footage, including visual effects and 3D animation
- Software covered: Maya, Mudbox, Photoshop, After Effects and Silhouette
- Fundamentals of Sketching
- Graphics – 1
- Colour Theory
- History of Arts
- Introduction to Digital Arts
- Fundamentals of Graphics
- Live Action for VFX
- VFX Production – I
- History of VFX
- Pre-Production for VFX
- 3D for VFX – I
- Basic Compositing
- Production Fundamentals
- 3D for VFX – II
- Shading for VFX
- Matte Painting – I
- 3D for VFX – III
- Advanced Dynamics and Effects
- VFX Production – II
- Matte Painting – II
- Elective I – (3D for VFX)
- Elective II – (3D Lighting & Rendering for VFX)
- Elective III – (Advance Compositing)
- Project Work (Demo Reel) & Viva
- Internship & Viva
- Compositing Artist
- Rotomation Artist
- 3D Modeler & Texturing artist
- Motion Graphic Artist
- Mach Move Artist
- 3D Lighting & Rendering Artist
- 3D Animator
- Effects Artist
- Matte Painting Artist
- Roto Artist
- 2D Paint Artist
- Storyboard Artist
- Character Designer
- Concept Artist
- Layout Artist
Yes, you can. We cover even the basics of drawing and so do not require you to have any prior knowledge of drawing.
The VFX industry in India is big and is growing exponentially every day. In fact, Indian studios are now acquiring studios in Hollywood and setting up facilities across the world. As with any growing industry, there are new jobs to be had in the VFX field in India, careers to be made and some serious competition!
The main software you will be using as a part of this course is Photoshop, MonkyJam, Aftereffects, Autodesk Maya, Nuke and Matchmover. You will also use other software like Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint as a part of the course.
The institute maintains the best ratio of equipment for students to their practical’s or project. Depending on the program, students check out their camera and lighting packages on a daily basis, for weekend shoots, or for one and two weeks on longer productions. The editing lab is open till late night for students.
Visual effects are mostly focused on the augmentation or modification of live action but visual effects artists and tools are also used for: Video games, Pre-visualization, 2D to 3D conversion, Special venues and multimedia (in addition of course to films, television and commercials). It is also used in computer graphics animated films (Pixar, DreamWorks, Sony Animation, etc.), mostly to give a more realistic aspect to the animation. With Animation advancing into an almost life-like era VFX is the perfect way to go about it.
Ghajini Bheka Song VFX
Title Motion Graphic Animation
Sr. Faculty - Department of Game & Animation
Sr. Faculty – Department of Game & Animation
A GD art & Post-Graduation from CDAC (Pune University) he is professionally into 3D since 2005 and starting as a graphic designer. He worked in multiple capacities in the advertising field for companies like Orchid Advertising Agency. In Designtech Systems Pvt. Ltd., Pune as a Conceptualizing and Designing CBT Training Package for R&D of Defence using Flash, Photoshop and CorelDraw. He has an advanced diploma in 3D animation. He started his career as a 3D faculty with Growel. Later he joined Vishwakarma Creative –I College as a lecturer on 3D using Maya software. He is into 3D modeling, Texturing, Lighting, Rendering, 2D visual design. He has completed a 3D project with an Australian company, 3D short film for an australian TV channel, and has achieved best 3D modeling award from NVIDEA. He also worked as a 3D freelance artist for a few of toolbox project.
Sr. Faculty - VFX
Sr. Faculty – VFX
A Fine Arts Graduate, Anoop bring in with him 16+ yrs experience in Animation and VFX. Ranging from animation in TVC to visual effects in films, he has worked on numerous projects as a generalist as well on a supervisor level. He has produced many domestic and international VFX projects. For the last 9 years he is associated with Toolbox Studio.
Sr. Faculty - VFX
Sr. Faculty – VFX
Yogesh has completed his BA from Amravati University and Advanced Diploma in Arts & Animation (2D/3D) from C.O.A.B, Amravati. He has extensive work experience into animation, lighting, compositing and also in teaching related software’s. He has earlier worked with Aniright’s, Big Animation, Maya Entertainment, Side FX Entertainment, Frame Box, Reliance Amis, Virtual Voyage & Arena Animation