Ableton Live – Music Production Course
This three-week-long intensive Ableton Live Certification, a professional music production course, is aimed at anyone with an eagerness to create music using Ableton Live. From an absolute beginner and intermediate, through to an expert level producer, you can all apply for this course and will benefit from the shared knowledge of the Ableton course’s certified tutor. This Ableton Live 9 course will take you through the basics of audio, an essential understanding of the history of recorded music, physics of sound, decibels and reading meters, studio equipment conducive to music production in the home or professional studio space, unto learning Ableton Live as a tool for music creation and live performance.
Prerequisites / Eligibility
Awards (On Completion)
- Seamedu Ableton Live certification on successful completion of the course
“For all participants, we would be providing Ableton Live 10 Suite bundle (worth 50K retail and 30K student version)”
- Globally recognized training from an Ableton Certified Trainer.
- Unlimited access to the well-equipped music production lab, 1:1 student to workstations ratio for class and practice before and after the classroom training.
- Hands on access to MIDI keyboards, push 2 controllers and an analog synthesiser.
- Seamedu Ableton Live training Certificate upon successful completion
- Introduction to audio
- Physics of sound
- Decibels and metering
- Studio equipment for home and professional setups
- Fundamentals of digital audio
- Digital signal processing via the use of audio effects
- Foundations of electronic music production; MIDI, sampling & synthesis
- Introduction to Ableton Live 9 and the concept of live performance and programming
- Newest features and developments with Live 9 & Push 2
- Managing the session preferences
- Ableton’s session and arrangement view, their various applications
- Using the browser, info view, groove pool auditioning and applying grooves
- Editing, cutting, moving clips, using the delete time, duplicate time or insert time commands
- Toggling between the clip and devices view
- Global quantization settings
- Creating tracks. Using draw mode and writing in MIDI
- Signal routing, understanding sends, inserts and using audio and MIDI effects as inserts/sends
- Recording audio as a session view clip and/or in the arrangement view.
- Setting up play back and meter change markers
- Audio warping and warp modes
- Loop play back and punching in and out for recording
- Using audio sample libraries within Ableton, tweaking and customizing them
- Use of the clip, launch, sample or notes box and envelope controls
- Linked and un-linked envelopes, clip follow actions and dummy clips for effects
- Programming drums using Ableton’s drum rack or impulse device
- Synthesis, sampling, using Ableton’s simpler, sampler and other build in instruments
- Using 3rd party synths, audio/midi effects and creating instrument, audio or MIDI effect’s racks
- Hot swapping presets and devices
- Mixing in Ableton
- Navigating, Step sequencing, Mixing and recording automations.
- Writing automation
- Converting drums, melodies and harmony to MIDI
- Track Freeze and flatten
- Arrangements and setting up for live performance
- Importing and working with video
- Mixing and live performing using the push 2 device
- Exporting audio and video
- Introduction to the push 2 controller
- Loading samples, programming drums and sequencing beats
- Playing instruments while staying in key, simplifying music theory for non-musicians.
- Step sequencing melodies, harmonies using the Push 2 controller
- Anyone who wants to make music
- Aspiring Music Producers
- FL Studio users
Sound engineering involves the technical and creative processes of recording music and sound. Sound engineers do this by mixing and manipulating the electronic effects of sound and reproducing it. The music or sound is captured with the help of microphones, recorders or recording software and then edited and mixed as required. Sound engineers have immense scope in fields like film and television, radio, music studios, concert venues, computer games and theatres.
No. The eligibility criterion for this course is the successful completion of class 12th/high school/equivalent.
No, you do not need a science background to do this course. Apart from completing your class 12th, you also need to have an avid interest in music (and sound, in general). Our course is designed to train music engineers and producers of different genres. We do not teach music and hence it does not matter what musical background you have.
The number of students in each batch depends on the course, the city and the number of enrolments we are accepting for that year according to the availability of our studio facilities and faculty recommendations.
We offer both degree and diploma courses. Ideally, if a student is in 12th or has completed 12th, he/she can apply for the degree course. If the student is in his/her final year of graduation or is a graduate, the Diploma course is the way to go. We also offer a Certificate Program in Live Soundwhich is a three week programme for people who are specifically interested in Live Sound.
United We Stand by Prateek Pillai
Andheri Roshni by Shivashankar
Chehra tera by Dixit Jaiswal ft. RGK.
Faculty Department of Sound Engineering
Faculty – Department of Sound Engineering
Hozaifa has been an educator since 2014 and currently teaches in the Sound engineering department at Seamedu. Being an Ableton Certified trainer he uses Ableton extensively and covers topics such as studio equipment, microphones and miking techniques, signal processing, ear training and mixing as part of this course. Since 2015, he also runs an independent mastering service under the name Waves Kraft Mastering.
Hozaifa believes in teaching Ableton and its related concepts in a functional way that allows students to develop their own way of working with Live, as well as help them create their signature sound through sound design, sampling and signal processing and synthesis techniques. Hozaifa has had the honour of representing Ableton at the ADE (Amsterdam Dance Event), Mumbai 2017. His dedication to teaching was recognised by the IRAA (Indian Recording Arts Awards), when he was nominated for and received the Dronacharya Award for teachers in Audio Education for the year 2017.