Degree in Film Making (Pune)
India has an undeniable love affair with films. Whether it is a bus ride or the barber’s shop, watching films is one of our favorite ways to pass time. The proliferation of foreign films in our country, and the continuous, unstoppable growth of Bollywood as a global force, along with pockets of regional cinema that continue to gain traction (and the almost reverent fan-following of India’s biggest stars), are all clear indicators that films have a hold on the hearts and the imaginations of the Indian public.
Seamedu’s film making courses, like the degree course in Film Making offered at our Pune and Mumbai campuses, are perfect for those who want to be a part of this vibrant world, the ones who feed India’s film frenzy. These professional film making degree courses are tailored to meet the needs of young aspirants who are looking to establish a career in film making in India. Our film making degree courses in Mumbai and Pune provide the perfect launch pad for these young souls to learn the craft and develop the skills they would need to make it big in the industry and beyond. Seamedu is widely regarded as one of the best film institutes in Mumbai and Pune and offers film making education with an intensive, industry-led curriculum that covers every aspect of the craft.
Here is an overview of what is covered as part of our offerings in film making.
Software you will learn
- Adobe Photoshop (Photo Editing & Designing)
- Adobe Premiere Pro (Digital Film Editing)
- Final Cut Pro (Digital Film Editing)
- Adobe After Effects (Motion Graphics & Compositing)
- Avid Media Composer (Digital Film Editing)
- Final Draft (Script Writing)
Gears you will use
- Sony A7S Camera
- Chroma Studio
- Godox Light Setup
- Canon C200 Digital Cinema camera
- Samyang Prime Lens Kit
- Tiffin Lens Filter
- Matte box with Follow focus rig
- Light Reflectors and Diffusion
- DaVinci Resolve
- Color Grading setup
Prerequisites / Eligibility
- 12th / High School / Equivalent
Awards (On Completion)
- Bachelors of Arts in Journalism & Mass Communication (Film Making) degree from a UGC recognized University located in Pune
- A Qualification Pack (QP) certificate from MESC (Media & Entertainment Skills Council)
- Journey from Idea to Screen – Concepts are developed into visually compelling stories and finally into scripts.
- Camera & Lighting Techniques – The aesthetics and technology of camera, lights and other equipment to create cinematic visuals.
- Production Workflow – From planning to execution, a film goes through so many phases until it hits the screen!
- Mise-en-scène – All that is put into a scene to make it look realistic and meaningful.
- Film Research – Making strong content that appeals to different target groups using research techniques.
- Production Management – Time and money make the run when it comes to managing a shoot.
- Digital Video & Sound Editing Techniques – Picture and sound are assembled, structured and refined to tell the final story.
- Documentary Film Making – Telling real stories with real people in a real world.
- Studio Production – Creating a television show in a live studio environment!
- Short Film Projects – Group & Individual – Developing a showreel of individual and group films.
- Introduction to Mass Communication
- Media Equipment I
- Introduction and Nature of Moving Images
- Fundamentals of Moving Images
- Visual Communication
- Contemporary Sociology or Business Communication + Conference/Workshop/Seminar
- Screen Language I
- Equipment Familiarization
- Modern Media Management and Event Management
- Editing for Media
- Development Communication / Media and Psychology and Field Work
- Screen Language II
- Film Making Techniques – I
- Media Laws and Ethics
- Media and Indian Culture
- Book Review / Film Review
- Film Making Techniques – II [Direction/Cinematography/Editing]
- Fiction Production [Direction/Cinematography/Editing]
- Film Genres
- Media Marketing
- Research Techniques
- Soft Skills
- Non Fiction Production [Direction/Cinematography/Editing]
- Studio Production [Direction/Cinematography/Editing]
- Film Business
- Ideation and Planning for Short Film Production
- Producing of Short Film
- Director- Fiction/Non-Fiction
- Script Writer
- Asst. director
- Post Production Supervisor
- Line Producer
- Online Editor
- Short Film Maker
- Executive Producer
- Production Controller
- Technical Expert
Film Making is a collaborative profession which requires the right skills, techniques and aesthetics and a passion for storytelling. Candidates from any stream can apply themselves in this field and pursue a highly satisfying career and high-income opportunities in this field. The art of Film Making calls for a highly creative and professional learning environment, and that is exactly what you get at Seamedu.
Yes, the institute’s course structure is designed in such a way that any individual with little or no film making experience can opt for the program.
Students enrolled in Seamedu’s Film Making course will have hands-on experience on Apple Final Cut Pro, Avid, and Adobe Premiere. Students who pursue specialization in editing will also learn how to use other postproduction software such as Adobe after Effects, Photoshop, and Soundtrack Pro.
The institute maintains the best ratio of equipment for students to their practical’s or project. Depending on the program, students check out their camera and lighting packages on a daily basis, for weekend shoots, or for one and two weeks on longer productions. The editing lab is open till late night for students.
All classes at the Seamedu institute are designed with a practical approach. We believe in the concept of ‘learning by doing’. Our students shoot films on regular basis with professional equipment.The course structure is unique as we provide specialization from day one. We conduct workshops, seminars, industry visits and guest lectures by professionals on a regular basis. For our specialization courses, the practical-to-theory ratio is approximately 70:30 (percent).
Our Student’s Work
HOA- Film Making
HOA- Film Making
Ritabrata completed his Masters in Mass Communication and Journalism specializing with Electronic Journalism from University of Mumbai. He has more than 9 years of industry experience, worked as an associate director for various ads. He has also been teaching in different colleges. Mr. Mitra has earlier made a few documentaries and short films, of which Just a Piece of Land; was officially screened in the Mumbai Academy of Moving Images; (MAMI)Film festival. Ritabrata has also worked as a coordinator for Gethin Chamberlain (then India correspondent for Guardian newspaper, London) to procure the interviews of child actors who appeared in the movie “Slumdog Millionaire”.
ASSOCIATE HOA – Department of Film
Associate HOA – Department of Film
A Professional Film Editor worked for Television Shows, short films, documentaries, Live Shows and various audio visual projects. Ganesh has more than 12 year of Experience in Digital Film Editing, proven Command in various professional software & cameras. Certified user for avid media composer, adobe Premier & Photoshop. He is in to academics from last 8 years and providing training in Digital Film Editing.
Sr. Faculty- Film Making
Sr. Faculty- Film Making
Worked as Associate Director with AGM films handling complete creative supervision of a feature film ‘Padduram’ which included scripting, pre-production, shooting, editing & post production and promotional activities. Worked as Associate Creative writer with Ajay Monga (Writer for films like Fashion, Corporate, A Flat), Worked for Zibanka Media Services Pvt. Ltd, IMEPL, Pune for Marathi daily soap ‘Agnihotra'(Star Pravah)