With the World Wide Web and everything to do with computer technology booming, a Bachelors of Computer Applications Degree is definitely a popular undergraduate course. And why wouldn’t it be? Practically every industry in the country needs some form of IT-related expertise – from schools to NGOs and MNCs to start-ups – they’d all be lost without having their IT team or IT specialist anything less than a short phone call away.
The Bachelor of Computer Application course goes a little further than the more traditional Bachelor of Technology course where you learn additional skills in the form of communication, organization, and management along with programming languages such as Java, C++, HTML, and SQL. This allows for a range of careers in the industry. You can become a programmer, system administrator, technical support professional or a technical writer or a web designer not to mention the reason you did the course – to get into designing computer applications of course. Sounds great right?
But before you start looking for that BCA course, what if we told you that you can take it one step further? What if we told you that you can learn to do all this and learn game design as well? Why not look at following your passion right from the get go?
Introducing Seamedu’s BCA in Game and Mobile Software Development
Before you start by saying a career in game development is for a lucky chosen few, let’s start with a few facts.
- The Indian gaming industry has grown by leaps and bounds, with an industry valued at $360 million as of 2017 as per a report published by KPMG and Google, and is expected to reach the hallowed $1 billion mark by 2021.
- The mobile app development industry is also seeing similar growth. It actually outgrew the US app development industry in 2016.
- India’s mobile phone subscriber base has crested the 1 billion user mark. “A big chunk of these billion mobile subscribers will become smartphone users in the next couple of years, that is the thrilling next wave,” said Amresh Nandan, a research director at Gartner in this article by Forbes.
- According to a report by AppAnnie, a leading provider of mobile app analytics and insights, India has emerged as the 5th biggest user base of mobile apps, all over the world.
Still not convinced? Have a look at these stats on mobile game usage in India alone!
- According to Statista, revenue in the “Mobile Games” segment in India will amount to $649 million in 2018.
- Revenue is expected to show an annual growth rate (CAGR 2018-2022) of 9.8 % resulting in a whopping market volume of $943 million in 2022.
As you can see the mobile application and gaming sector in India is booming and is only set to grow. In fact, you can probably look at it as the next IT boom.
What is the scope of a BCA Course in Game and Mobile Software Development?
To do this course, one of the first (and most important things) you need is passion! The fact that you are reading this blog means you are probably passionate about games as well as wanting to learn to make them. This is a Bachelor’s degree so you need to have graduated from your 12th standard. While you need not have an IT background to join this course, you do need to have an active interest in it. Any experience you have will only make your coursework easier for you.
You will learn to write programs using languages such as C#, C++ and Java as well as to build applications for a variety of platforms including Android and IOS. You will also learn to build multi-platform games using Unity 3D and obtain Unity 3D Certification along with your BCA degree. You can take an in-depth look at the course content.
This course will allow you to follow a variety of careers in the field. Having credentials in app and game design will ensure you have an advantage over your peers. From Gameplay Designer to C++ / C# Developer to the much coveted Game Tester, this course makes you eligible to do it all! Have a look at the extensive career options available to you.
What Makes Our BCA Course Stand Out?
To start off with, our BCA course gives you that little bit of an extra push when compared to a regular BCA course as it sets you on your dream career in game and mobile app design right from the start in addition to learning all the skills taught in an ordinary BCA course. We believe in practical oriented learning so about 75% of our coursework is designed as such. You will actually learn by doing! You will learn from some of the top industry experts who will make sure you know all you need to know when you step into the working world. What are you waiting for? Get ready to become the next big designer on the block! Enrol in our Game & Mobile Software Development Course here.