Degree in Game Art & Design – BSc (Bengaluru)
Game designing is as good a career choice as any other, for creative youngsters who have an eye for art and design, and are equally interested in gaming. And while the concept of game design is naturally related to art and creativity, there is a certain science that goes into understanding the subject and putting the knowledge to use, too. If you are on the lookout for the best game designing colleges in Bengaluru that offer game design courses after 12th, you are at the right place.
Seamedu School of Pro-Expressionism’s reputation as a top-rated game design institute in Bengaluru has only got better and stronger over the last decade. We offer a full-fledged game art and design degree course at our Bengaluru campus, training students to design the game content, construct rules, figure out gameplay techniques, create game environments, develop the storyline and craft interesting characters. Our BSc in Game Design course takes a hands-on approach, enabling students to become experts at game designing, by exposing them to industry-standard software, high-end machines, live projects and game engines.
Our game art and designing degree course in Bengaluru (BSc in Game Design) covers important aspects of game creation, including 2D/3D art, design conceptualization, scripting, sound design and music. Seamedu is amongst the most-preferred game design schools in Bengaluru because our experienced faculty, detailed course content and allows students to understand the theoretical as well as practical aspects of the subject.
Thanks to our industry association and partners, we have an illustrious placement record, with game art and design graduates getting job opportunities in renowned game development and design studios across India. Learn more about our Bengaluru-based game design bachelor’s degree curriculum and explore related career opportunities in the sections below!
Software you will learn
- Microsoft Office
- yED – Graph Editor
- Premiere Pro
Gears you will use
- Gaming Laptop
- Wacom Tablet
- HTC Vive
- VR Gear
- PS4 Console
- Nintendo Switch
Prerequisites / Eligibility
- 12th / High School / Equivalent
Awards (On Completion)
- Bachelor of Science (Game Art & Design) degree from CMR University, Bengaluru
- Introduction to Game Art and Game Design concepts
- Full-time interactive course which focuses on traditional as well as the latest art concepts in illustration and drawing
- In-depth understanding of Game Design and also building your own board game
- Unity 3D Authorized Training Partner
- Industry-standard facilities with good configuration computers and gaming consoles
- In-depth understanding of 3D work like creating 3D characters, 3D game environment, 3D game assets for creating a computer or mobile game
- Industry workshops every month, which help a student to understand what is currently happening in the industry
- The students are exposed to the entire production cycles of a game. Lectures across Game Design, Game Art, Sound Design, Basics of Game Development and Publishing
- Understanding storyboarding for games
- Working on Game Engines – Level Design on Unity 3D
- Software covered in-depth: Maya, Photoshop, Unity 3D, Mudbox
- Fundamentals of Drawing
- Introduction to Digital Art
- Concept Development
- History and pipeline of Animation
- Language I
- Language II
- Art styles
- 3D Prop Modelling
- 2D Art (Concept Art & 2D Assets Creation)
- Introduction to game engine & Logic
- Game design – I (Traditional game design & Flow chart)
- Language I
- Character Modelling
- Texturing and shading
- 2D Animation
- Game design -II (UI /UX Documentation)
- Indian Constitution and Environmental studies.
- Advanced 3D Modelling
- 3D Animation
- Game design -III (Game Analysis and testing)
- Game Engine & Prototyping
- Disaster Management
- Summer Internship Project (In-company Work, Report & Presentations) *
- Lighting and Rendering
- Camera, lighting and Optimization in engine
- Game design – IV (FTP, Monitization, Game Design)
- Level design
- 3D Project and Viva
- 2D Project and Viva
- Project Management
- Corporate Social Responsibility, Ethics & Sustainability
- Game Designer
- Level Designer
- Interactive / UI / Interface Designer
- Modelling & Texturing Artist
- Technical Artist
- Digital Game Artist
- Game Developer
- Digital Artist
Students will get professional training on Autodesk-Maya, Adobe-Photoshop, sculpting tool, Unity Game Engine.
We teach you how to design games for PC, android and iOS. Skills you learn during this course will be transferable to other platforms as well.
Game art is everything you see in the game: icons, buttons, characters, props, sets, colour, and pictures for example Game design is both an art and a science. It involves applying a sense of aesthetics and design to create a game. It includes everything from concept art to scripting the game and working with game engines to elicit required results from the finished games.
No. You will be able to conceptualise the entire game including game play and working with game engines but you will still need a programmer. Besides working as a part of a team is fun!
Salaries vary from company to company but a new graduate can expect a minimum salary of Rs. 10,000 to 15,000 a month.
Our Student’s Work
Sr. Faculty - Department of Game & Animation
Sr. Faculty – Department of Game & Animation
A GD art & Post-Graduation from CDAC (Pune University) he is professionally into 3D since 2005 and starting as a graphic designer. He worked in multiple capacities in the advertising field for companies like Orchid Advertising Agency. In Designtech Systems Pvt. Ltd., Pune as a Conceptualizing and Designing CBT Training Package for R&D of Defence using Flash, Photoshop and CorelDraw. He has an advanced diploma in 3D animation. He started his career as a 3D faculty with Growel. Later he joined Vishwakarma Creative –I College as a lecturer on 3D using Maya software. He is into 3D modeling, Texturing, Lighting, Rendering, 2D visual design. He has completed a 3D project with an Australian company, 3D short film for an australian TV channel, and has achieved best 3D modeling award from NVIDEA. He also worked as a 3D freelance artist for a few of toolbox project.
Associate HOA - Department of Game & Animation
Associate HOA – Department of Game & Animation
He is into Animation for 12 Years working & worked on multiple profiles as an animation Artist, Rigging artist, Educating Production Staff & Technical Support in the field of Maya, Motion Builder, Vicon, Production Manager. He has worked on Two 3D movies (Chandarani …A Dream to reality, Sonam …Aur saath Ajube) in the capacity of Technical Lead & Project Manager. Currently his After this he decided to enter in to the Education industry, entering in to the Gaming side of the Industry, and developed his skill set as game programmer & Developer, using the same skill-set currently helping students to succeed as Game developers in Gaming industry. His 3D skill helps to develop good student as “Game Artist” in 3d Domain.
Associate Faculty – Game Art
Associate Faculty – Game Art
Vini has completed her BA in VFX and Animation from Mahatma Gandhi University, and Advance Diploma in 3D Animation from School of Media Design. She has earlier worked with Anibrain Digital Technologies as 3D Faculty.