Degree in Visual Effects & Animation (Bengaluru) : Course commenced On 22 JULY 2019
What’s common between global blockbuster films and critically-acclaimed motion pictures such as Game of Thrones, Kung Fu Panda, Interstellar, Penguins of Madagascar, Frozen, and our Indian creations like Bahubali and Dhoom 3? A whole lot of visual effects (VFX) and animation. And guess what – a large chunk of this on-screen magic was conjured up right here, in India!
If you wish to be a part of this fascinating subset of film and television, you need to begin with the right training – a well-rounded animation and VFX course. And that’s exactly what you get at Seamedu School of Pro-Expressionism. In the beating heart of the Indian IT industry, we are acknowledged as one of the premier animation and VFX colleges in Bengaluru, thanks to a highly-rated faculty and a stellar record of placements. With a 70% focus on practical learning, ‘learning by doing’, our curriculum has been designed by industry experts, ensuring that students are job-ready when they graduate.
Seamedu’s animation and VFX course in Bengaluru makes certain that students are developed into fully qualified animation and VFX artists with relevant experience in Roto, 2D/3D Animation, Compositing, Lighting, Live Action Shoots and working on industry-standard software like Adobe After Effects and NUKE. Our campus is equipped with state-of-the-art technology, Chroma and sound studios, thus making us one of the top-rated VFX and animation degree colleges in Bengaluru.
Looking for specialized visual effects courses or animation institutes in Bangalore? Look no further!
Software you will learn
- After effects
- Premier Pro
Prerequisites / Eligibility
- 12th/ High School / Equivalent
Awards (On Completion)
- Bachelor of Science (Visual Effects & Animation) degree from CMR University, a UGC recognized University located in Bengaluru.
- A Qualification Pack (QP) certificate from MESC (Media & Entertainment Skills Council)
- Basic to advance sketching, including perspective, background, organic anatomy and storyboarding
- Pre-production for shots, including camera angles, story writing and storyboarding
- Creating 3D environment according to VFX shot and camera handling for shoots
- Creating 3D assets and characters with photorealistic textures for VFX shots and creating 3D lighting according to VFX shot (to match the real setup)
- Industry workshops every month, which help students to understand what is currently happening in the industry
- Animation Day where students come together and create amazing special effects using chroma screen
- In-depth understanding of Matte Painting (background) for 3D shots
- Students get to learn 2D compositing which includes live action footage and 3D effects, and 3D compositing, including composition of 2D shots and 3D assets
- Opportunities to work with Toolbox Studio
- Working with film and sound students to create a holistic project and getting insights into sound and live action films
- 3D stereoscopy to create 3D videos, including depth, 2D and 3D
- Create live action short film or advertisement by using 3D assets and 2D live action footage, including visual effects and 3D animation
- Software covered: Maya, Mudbox, Photoshop, After Effects and Silhouette
- Fundamentals of Drawing
- Introduction to Digital
- Concept Development
- History and pipeline of Animation
- Language I
- Art styles
- 3D Prop Modelling
- 2D Art (Concept Art & 2D Assets Creation)
- Fundamental of compositing
- Roto Paint
- English II
- Character Modelling
- Texturing and shading
- 2D Animation
- Camera tracking & Match move
- Project – Live action & Presentation
- Indian Constitution
- Advanced 3D
- 3D Animation
- Advanced Compositing
- Project – Preproduction & presentation
- Environment and Sustainability
- Lighting and Rendering
- Video editing
- Stop Motion
- Project – Animation & Visual effects
- Summer Internship Project (In-company Work, Report & Presentations) *
- VFX Project and Viva
- 3D Project and Viva
- Project Management
- Disaster Management
- Compositing Artist
- Rotomation Artist
- 3D Modeler & Texturing artist
- Motion Graphic Artist
- Mach Move Artist
- 3D Lighting & Rendering Artist
- 3D Animator
- Effects Artist
- Matte Painting Artist
- Roto Artist
- 2D Paint Artist
- Storyboard Artist
- Character Designer
- Concept Artist
- Layout Artist
Yes, you can. We cover even the basics of drawing and so do not require you to have any prior knowledge of drawing.
The VFX industry in India is big and is growing exponentially every day. In fact, Indian studios are now acquiring studios in Hollywood and setting up facilities across the world. As with any growing industry, there are new jobs to be had in the VFX field in India, careers to be made and some serious competition!
The main software you will be using as a part of this course is Photoshop, MonkyJam, Aftereffects, Autodesk Maya, Nuke and Matchmover. You will also use other software like Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint as a part of the course.
The institute maintains the best ratio of equipment for students to their practical’s or project. Depending on the program, students check out their camera and lighting packages on a daily basis, for weekend shoots, or for one and two weeks on longer productions. The editing lab is open till late night for students.
Visual effects are mostly focused on the augmentation or modification of live action but visual effects artists and tools are also used for: Video games, Pre-visualization, 2D to 3D conversion, Special venues and multimedia (in addition of course to films, television and commercials). It is also used in computer graphics animated films (Pixar, DreamWorks, Sony Animation, etc.), mostly to give a more realistic aspect to the animation. With Animation advancing into an almost life-like era VFX is the perfect way to go about it.
Ghajini Bheka Song VFX
Title Motion Graphic Animation
Asst. HOA – Department of VFX
Asst. HOA – Department of VFX
Chandan has completed his PGD in Education Administration from Symbiosis and B.Sc in Animation from Bharathidasan University. He has worked as Academic Head with Cavalier Animation, Creo Valley School of Film, Aavishkaran Academy of Animation, Garden City University and Jain University. He is also Member-Board of Studies at Bangalore University and the University of Mysore.
Faculty – Department of VFX
Faculty –Department of Animation and VFX
Himanshu is a graduate from Himgiri ZEE University, where he received a degree in B.Sc. in Animation and VFX.
After graduating Himanshu joined VFX training institution – MAAC as VFX faculty. He has worked with various other brands like Reliance Education, DQ School of Visual Art, ARK Infosolution and ZEE Media.
Due to this dedication and passion towards the field of VFX and Gaming, he was brought up to a lot of exposure from the tech giants like an Augmented app where he worked as a 3D modeller, Amazon Australia for 3d modelling and several E-learning templates.
During this period he also visited London, to study, polish, and learn even more techniques of core Compositing. His list of satisfied clients includes Cinesite (A London based VFX Production House), Royal College of Art (London) and many more.
HOA – Department of Game Design
HOA – Department of Game Design
Rajesh M Dharan is HOA in Game Art and Design. Dharan is a Game Designer, specialist in Modelling, Texturing & Lighting and Game Mathematics. He is an Adobe certified Expert (ACE) for Photoshop. He has fifteen years of experience in the academic profession. A Post Graduate in Visual Communication, he has worked in major animation institutes like MAAC & Reliance Animation.