Degree in Photography (Pune)
Photography is a highly evolved art. Along with an eye for detail, professional photographers are also required to have ample technical expertise and abundance of creativity. In other words, photography is a means of storytelling through static pictures. While anyone who has a good smartphone or a basic camera claims to be a ‘photographer’ today, being recognized in this industry needs a high level of proficiency in the art.
The first step to gaining knowledge and expertise in photography is enrolling in one of Seamedu’s photography courses after 12th grade. Rated as one of the best photography schools in India, we offer our Bachelor of Photography degree course in Pune and Mumbai.
And while there are several options when it comes to courses and colleges for photography in Mumbai or Pune for beginners, Seamedu’s Bachelor of Photography is widely regarded as one that arms you with just the right balance of theoretical knowledge and practical training.
Our professional photography courses at our Mumbai and Pune campuses (BA in Photography) are designed to equip you with all the creative as well as technical proficiencies and, in association with industry experts, also help you gain ample practical exposure before you begin working on projects as a professional photographer.
Here’s a sneak peek at what you will learn at our photography institute in Mumbai and Pune.
Software you will learn
- Adobe Lightroom
- Adobe Bridge
- Adobe Photoshop.
Gears you will use
- Canon EOS 5D Mark IV
- Canon EOS 6D Mark II
- Canon EOS 700 D
- Nikon D-810
- Canon 70-200 MM
- Canon 100 MM Macro
- Canon 24-105 MM
- Nikon 24-120
- Elinchrom ELC 1000
- Elinchrom Master RX 600
- Elinchrom FRX 400
- Elinchrom Dlite 2
- Godox AD 600
Prerequisites / Eligibility
- 12th/ High School/ Equivalent
- D-SLR Camera with Basic Lens Kit
Awards (On Completion)
- Bachelors in Arts (Photography) degree from a UGC recognized University located in Pune
- Understanding the fundamentals of photography and its evolution
- Creative usage of the camera and its dial modes
- Insight into various rules of compositions in brief
- Use of colour theory in photography for optimum impact of images
- Detailed study of various types of light source and its implementation (studio light and natural light)
- Introduction to various genres of photography
- In-depth knowledge of Commercial & Advertisement Photography
(Fashion / Table Top / Event / Wedding / Industrial / Architecture)
- Thorough study of editing software to enhance photographs such as Adobe Photoshop / Light Room/ Nik Software
- Develop concepts and ideas for selected specialization genres in photography
- Onfield experience and building a strong portfolio
- Basic study of digital marketing and promotion
- Students’ exhibition and showcase
- Introduction to Mass Communication
- Media Equipment I
- History of Photography
- Fundamentals of Photography and Digital Application
- Visual Communication
- Contemporary Sociology or Business Communication + Conference/Workshop/Seminar
- Fundamentals of Composition
- Principles of Color Theory and Psychology
- Principles of Lighting and Studio Equipment
- Modern Media Management and Event Management
- Editing for Media
- Development Communication / Media and Psychology and Field Work
- Photojournalism and Street Photography
- Understanding Various Genres of Photography
- Media Laws and Ethics
- Media and Indian Culture
- Book Review / Film Review
- Industrial, Interior and Architecture Photography
- Portrait and Fashion Photography
- Product Photography and Still Life
- Media Marketing
- Research Techniques
- Soft Skills
- Fine Art Photography / Conceptual Photography
- Advance Fashion Photography
- Advance Product Photography, Food and Beverage Photography
- Photography – Digital Marketing, Print and Color Management
- Photography – Portfolio Making and Exhibition
- Fashion Photographer
- Landscape Photographer
- Product Photographer
- Food Photographer
- Wildlife Photographer
- Architecture & Interior Photographer
- Industrial Photographer
- Sports Photographer
- Wedding & Event Photographer
- Travel Photographer
No. You do not need a background in science to do this course. All you need is a 10+2 from any stream and your own DSLR (with basic lenses) along with an eager interest in photography and willingness to learn!
Photography is becoming a highly popular career option these days since it is a rewarding profession that also provides immense creative satisfaction. One can be employed as an in-house photographer or freelancer for specialized jobs like fashion and glamour photography, portrait photography, industrial photography, e-commerce photography, architectural and commercial photography, and wedding photography. You can also work as a professional image editor, which is a very high-paying job and there is a lot of demand for professionals in the market.Other specialization areas in photography include nature and wildlife photography, travel photography, etc. There is also a huge scope to be employed on the editorial team for leading magazines, newspapers, television channels, journals, and production houses.
The only way to be successful is to have talent and motivation. You can have all the education in the world but if you don’t have anything coming from inside, you won’t be successful. Of course, a professional course in photography will definitely help you hone your skills and step into the massive world of photography.
The bachelor’s course is a 3 year degree course that covers a vast variety of topics allowing you more scope for specialization in a particular form of photography and offers an in-depth view of the topic while the diploma is a one year course focusing on fewer topics.
No. The institute’s course structure is designed in such a way that any individuals with little or no photography background can opt for this course. This course is segregated into three parts basic, advance and industry driven specialization.
Our Student’s Work
HOA – Photography
HOA – Photography
After completing M.Com & Diploma in Photography from Pune, Manasi then completed her Master-craftsman Diploma in Photography from Shari Academy, Mumbai. Her expertise is in Still Life, Product, Food, Jewelry, Portrait, Conceptual, Sports, Wedding, Children, and Interior & Architecture Photography. She has earlier worked as freelancer and was also associated with Symbiosis & Seamedu.
Senior Faculty –Photography
Senior Faculty –Photography
Nilesh has completed his BFA in Applied Arts from Sir JJ Institute of Applied Arts.. Currently he is an independent Photographer for Advertising.Nilesh has worked on projects with D.C.Design, TAJ Group of Hotels, ICICI Bank, TCS, Hotel Holiday Inn, Parle Frooty, VIP Luggage, Star Bazaar, Abbott Pharmaceuticals, J.K.Files and Tools, among others.
He ispassionate about automobile /architecture photography and I love to travel.
Apart fromhis professional assignments, Nilesh does handwriting analysis and face reading and has helped many people to improve their thinking/outlookusing these skills.
Sr. Faculty – Photography
Sr. Faculty – Photography
Shikhar has been a student of the art all his life, with a graduation and post-graduation in mass communication and professional photography (specialisation in fashion and fine arts). His accomplishments in the field of photography include having his work exhibited in the Musée du Louvre in Paris, which is of course the world’s largest art museum, and one of the most coveted places in the world for artists. Apart from international acclaim, Shikhar has worked with established brands and organisations like Schneider, People by Aditya Birla Fashion and Lifestyle, Health and Glow, Woman’s Era and more. IndieFolio, one of the leading platforms for designers in India, has also featured him as one of the leading fashion photographers in the country.