Diploma in Game Art (Pune)
Game art is a highly specialized field where the video game art designers create the artistic aspects for video games right from the preproduction to the postproduction and marketing stages. The Diploma in Game Art program aims at developing game art skills like modelling and texture environments, vehicles, props, characters and game asset. As part of the game art course, you will get practical exposure to managing game engine constraints. Finally, you will create an interactive game to show off your game skills.
At Seamedu School of Pro-Expressionism, we believe in hands-on training. Our collaboration with trail-blazing companies like Shoonya Game Technologies, Driya Interactive and Rolocule Games means that industry experts share their expertise with our students through interactive seminars and workshops every month.
Unlike many game art and design colleges in India, our game art diploma course ensures you get lots of opportunity for practical experience throughout the course. You can get a chance to work with Toolbox Studio and gain some valuable experience on live projects. In addition, you’ll also work with game programming students to develop a game.
Prerequisites / Eligibility
- Passion for developing digital and non-digital games
- Love for gaming; applicants should have played at least one of the following: Counter Strike, DOTA, Call of Duty, Need for Speed, Assassin’s Creed, FIFA, and similar games
- Eligibility: 12th from any stream
Awards (On Completion)
- Diploma in (Game Art) from Seamedu.
- Introduction to Game Art and Game Design concepts
- Full-time interactive course which focuses on traditional as well as the latest art concepts in illustration and drawing
- In-depth understanding of Game Design and also building your own Board Game
- Unity 3D Authorized Training Partner
- Industry-standard facilities with good configuration computers and gaming consoles
- In-depth understanding of 3D work like creating 3D characters, 3D game environment and 3D game assets for creating a computer or mobile game
- Industry workshops every month, which help students to understand what is currently happening in the industry
- The students are exposed to the entire production cycle of a game with lectures across Game Design, Game Art, Sound Design, Basics of Game Development and Publishing
- Understanding storyboarding for games
- Working on Game Engines – Level Design on Unity 3D
- Software covered: Maya, Photoshop, Unity 3D and Mudbox
Fundamentals of Design
- Colour Theory
- 2D Designing
- Principle of Design
- 3D modeling (Interior, Exterior & Assets Modeling)
- Texturing (2D & 3D)
- Fundamental of Animation
- Understanding Character Setup for Production
- 3D Lighting & Shading
- 3D Rendering
- Principles of Game Designing
- Board Game Design
- Game Design Documentation
Set Designing for Games
- Live Props and Assets for Games
- Creating Miniatures
Advanced 3D Modeling Techniques
- High Poly – Low Poly Modeling Techniques
- Modular Model
- Texture Baking
- Unity 3D
- Level Designing for Games
- Light & Shading
- Game Designer
- Level Designer
- Interactive / UI / Interface Designer
- Modelling & Texturing Artist
- Technical Artist
- Digital Game Artist
- Game Developer
- Digital Artist
You do not need a science background for this course but you need to have had mathematics and physics as subjects in your class 12th. Alternatively, you could also have a Diploma in Computer Engineering, Diploma in Computer Application, and Diploma in Computer Applications and Programming.
You can sample some of the kinds of games you will be able to program by checking our student work. The BCA Game Development course involves all technical aspects involved in making a game. The course provides you with a wide array of skills and is not always entirely book oriented. With a 70% focus on practical learning and a strong foundation, the students will be able to make a wide range of 2D, 3D, educational and multiplayer games.
You need to have completed your 12th standard (or equivalent) to enrol for this course. You also need to have a passion for games. In fact, this is one course where we say, the more games you’ve played, the better!
We teach Unity3D, Cocos2D and Unreal game engines along with languages like C# & C++ with Visual studio.
No. Games are a team effort and you will need at least one artist depending on the kind of game you are planning to make.
Our Student’s Work
Sr. Faculty - Department of Game & Animation
Sr. Faculty – Department of Game & Animation
A GD art & Post-Graduation from CDAC (Pune University) he is professionally into 3D since 2005 and starting as a graphic designer. He worked in multiple capacities in the advertising field for companies like Orchid Advertising Agency. In Designtech Systems Pvt. Ltd., Pune as a Conceptualizing and Designing CBT Training Package for R&D of Defence using Flash, Photoshop and CorelDraw. He has an advanced diploma in 3D animation. He started his career as a 3D faculty with Growel. Later he joined Vishwakarma Creative –I College as a lecturer on 3D using Maya software. He is into 3D modeling, Texturing, Lighting, Rendering, 2D visual design. He has completed a 3D project with an Australian company, 3D short film for an australian TV channel, and has achieved best 3D modeling award from NVIDEA. He also worked as a 3D freelance artist for a few of toolbox project.
Associate HOA - Department of Game & Animation
Associate HOA – Department of Game & Animation
He is into Animation for 12 Years working & worked on multiple profiles as an animation Artist, Rigging artist, Educating Production Staff & Technical Support in the field of Maya, Motion Builder, Vicon, Production Manager. He has worked on Two 3D movies (Chandarani …A Dream to reality, Sonam …Aur saath Ajube) in the capacity of Technical Lead & Project Manager. Currently his After this he decided to enter in to the Education industry, entering in to the Gaming side of the Industry, and developed his skill set as game programmer & Developer, using the same skill-set currently helping students to succeed as Game developers in Gaming industry. His 3D skill helps to develop good student as “Game Artist” in 3d Domain.
Sr. Faculty – VFX
Sr. Faculty – VFX
Sudhir has worked in the 2D and 3D Animation production, Entertainment and video gaming in Indian companies and MNCs. His expertise is in 3D animation and rigging. He has worked with the He has earlier worked with companies like Electronic Arts, Medha Edutainment, Sumo-India, Rolta India Ltd. (Gaming Division), Zee Institute of Creative Arts, Prana Studios, DataQuest Entertainment Ltd. and Crest Animation Studio. His area of work includes Art deliveries, client communication, Team Management.