The VFX 1st year students recently made a short film called “The Lost Paradise” check it out in the link below!!
Film making is the process of making films. It involves a number of stages like
- Development – This is the phase where brain-storming happens.. The finance of the film has to be in place and a general idea and direction si given to the film.
- Pre-Production – Preprations for the shoot are started, actors etc are hired along with the crew and set is built.
- Production—The raw elements for the film are recorded during the film shoot.
- Post-production—The images, sound, and visual effects of the recorded film are edited.
- Distribution—The finished film is distributed and screened in cinemas and/or released to home video.
Ideation or Idea Generation
Ideation is a creative process where in ideas are thought of, understood and thought of as visual, concrete or abstract. It as an important part of design process.
Working With A Team
Film-Making is not a one man process, not by a long shot. You have to be able to work with a team and if its your movie.. Handle the team as well.
Once an idea has been generated and is given the green light, its still a concept. To concreatise it and give it a better form, a story is written to support the idea further.
Pilot testing is like a small trial or a trailer of sorts. A small part of it is made, just to see what it will look like. This can also be done using Clay and Cut-Out Animation.
Storyboarding is a process used for pre-visuilazation. They’re usually drawn out and show a sequence of images as to what it will look like.
The storyboard and soundtrack are amended if necessary, and a new animatic may be created and reviewed with the director until the storyboard is perfected. Editing the film at the animatic stage can avoid animation of scenes that would be edited out of the film.
The sound for this short film was made by our very own students from the sound department.