Degree in Sound Engineering – BA (Pune)
The music industry is alive and thriving here in India, with everything from film, regional, classical to electronic dance music finding an audience in the country and around the world. India has always had a rich and traditional music industry. However, diversity is the driving force behind the music scene today. Everything – from classical and ghazal to rap and rock – has its space in our nation, and things are only getting better. There is no lack of artists out there, looking to hone their craft and create the best output of their talents, something that only a sound engineer can help accomplish.
Films, television, and documentaries are all audio-visual mediums, and rely on sound engineering. Without sound, the cinematic experience is one that feels handicapped and lacking. It is not just dialogue or music, but a whole lot of critical auditory components that can make or break a motion picture’s success. If you are looking for topnotch sound engineering courses or audio engineering colleges in Pune, look no further!
Seamedu’s degree in sound engineering is the foremost sound engineering course in Pune and Mumbai. It provides students with a practical-focused approach, and through our comprehensive sound engineering degree courses in Mumbai and Pune, you can receive all the theoretical knowledge and hands-on training to be a resounding success in this field.
Right in the beating heart of the film and television industry, Seamedu ranks amongst the best sound engineering colleges in Pune and Mumbai. With comprehensive sound engineering courses in Mumbai and Pune designed in association with industry experts, our BA in Sound Engineering (Bachelor of Sound Engineering) programs ensure our students success when they transition from the classroom to the audio engineering studios.
Seamedu School of Pro-Expressionism is proud to be the first (and only) Ableton Certified Training Center in the country.
Software you will learn
- Pro Tools
- Logic Pro X
- Ableton Live
Gears you will use
- Avid S3 + Dock
- Avid HD IO’s
- Focusrite Microphone Pre amps
- JBL 7.1 Monitors
- Dynaaudio 2.1 Monitors
- High end Microphones for Recording
- Outboard Gear
- 49 keys MIDI keyboard with each workstation
- Steinberg UR22 Interface with each workstation
Prerequisites / Eligibility
- 12th / High School / Equivalent
Awards (On Completion)
- Bachelors of Arts (Sound Engineering) degree from a UGC recognized University located in Pune
- Apple certification for Logic Pro X
- Avid Certifications for Pro Tools 100 level
- A Qualification Pack (QP) certificate from MESC (Media & Entertainment Skills Council)
- International certifications included in the curriculum
- AVID, Apple and Ableton certified trainers across all campuses
- In-depth understanding of the Physics of Sound, Recording Studio Operations, Film Sound, Live Sound, Music Prodcution
- Access to our professional Music Production Lab to work on any number of personal projects
Students get to work in our 7.1 recording and mixing studios for college assignments and personal projects
- Workshops conducted by industry professionals almost every weekend
- Events like Music Production Week and Sound Conclave to help students learn over and above their curriculum
- Internship and placement support
- Individual practical assignments to test the knowledge of students and also help them build confidence in their skills
- Introduction to Mass Communication
- Media Equipment I
- Physics and Electronics
- Audio Equipment
- Visual Communication
- Contemporary Sociology or Business Communication + Conference/Workshop/Seminar
- Digital Audio
- DAW I – Pro Tools
- Music Recording and Mixing
- Modern Media Management and Event Management
- Editing for Media
- Development Communication / Media and Psychology and Field Work
- Electronic Music Production
- DAW II – Logic Pro
- Media Laws and Ethics
- Media and Indian Culture
- Book Review / Film Review
- DAW III – Ableton Live / Nuendo
- Live Sound
- Media Marketing
- Research Techniques
- Soft Skills
- Film Location Sound
- Sound Design
- Surround Sound Mixing and Music Mastering
- Music Project / Film Sound Project
- Studio Design Project
- Independent Music Composer
- DJ & Producer
- Studio Acoustician For Building Sound Studios
- Film Sound Designer
- Game Sound Desginer
- Higher Education In Music And Sound Technology
- Mixing Engineer for Films and Music
- On-location Sound Recordist
- Music Arranger
- Live Sound Engineer For Concerts And Events
Sound engineering involves the technical and creative processes of recording music and sound. Sound engineers do this by mixing and manipulating the electronic effects of sound and reproducing it. The music or sound is captured with the help of microphones, recorders or recording software and then edited and mixed as required. Sound engineers have immense scope in fields like film and television, radio, music studios, concert venues, computer games and theatres.
No. The eligibility criterion for this course is the successful completion of class 12th/high school/equivalent.
No, you do not need a science background to do this course. Apart from completing your class 12th, you also need to have an avid interest in music (and sound, in general). Our course is designed to train music engineers and producers of different genres. We do not teach music and hence it does not matter what musical background you have.
The number of students in each batch depends on the course, the city and the number of enrolments we are accepting for that year according to the availability of our studio facilities and faculty recommendations.
We offer both degree and diploma courses. Ideally, if a student is in 12th or has completed 12th, he/she can apply for the degree course. If the student is in his/her final year of graduation or is a graduate, the Diploma course is the way to go. We also offer a Certificate Program in Live Soundwhich is a three week programme for people who are specifically interested in Live Sound.
Our Student’s Work
Asso. Faculty Department of Sound Engineering
Asso. Faculty Department of Sound Engineering
Mandar’s range of skills include mixing and mastering, live sound, location sound engineering and post production. Mandar has been a part of the audio-visual industry for two years with Nav Jagruti Multimedia and Entertainment Pvt. Ltd. His responsibilities at Seamedu include imparting knowledge regarding complex subjects such as basics of sounds, physics, decibels, microphones, digital technology, on-location sound, post production, in-house and commercial bookings, and equipment management.
Head of Academics - Department of Sound Engineering
Head of Academics – Department of Sound Engineering
Sreekumar Unnithan – Head of Academics – Department of Sound Engineering with an expertise into domains such as Song Mixing, Film Sound Mixing, Film Sound Surround Mixing, Sound Design, Dubbing Sessions, Location Recording, Live Sound-Orchestral, Music Mixing, Music Composition, Singing, Poem Writing. He has 21 years of experience & served companies such as ‘Sreerag Digital, Kerala’, ‘S S Digital, Kerala’, ‘Zee Network, Dubai’, ‘Al-Nazaer, Kuwait’, ‘Scientific Center, Kuwait’, ‘Harmony Art Media, Kuwait’, ‘SK Audio House, Kuwait (Own Studio). Currently He is involved in Teaching Film Sound, Post Production, Consoles, Studio Sessions, Multi track Sessions and Mixing. He is involved in Setting Model Questions and Answers TMV, Organizes Industrial Visits, Giving technical support to students and clearing their doubts for various projects lifting students’ Practical Knowledge about recording and mixing & managing Schedules, advisor on professional ethics.
Faculty Department of Sound Engineering
Faculty Department of Sound Engineering
Hozaifa Sayed – Faculty – Department of Sound Engineering with an expertise into domains such as Pro tools 100 level training and certification. Ableton Live 9 Training for Electronic music production and sound design. Ear Training & Studio equipment training. He has served this domain for 5 years working with companies such as Soundeffects.com, Audio & Aux., Freelance Mastering Engineer, Seamless Education Academy Pvt. Ltd. and currently working with Seamedu as a Training students for Pro tools user certification. Studio Equipment training and know how. Ear training essential to mixing, recording and mastering. Managing sound interns. Ableton Live 9 training for Electronic Music Production & Sound Design.